Teen Summer Spark Challenge 2018 @ The Field Library Rules
This Challenge is open to Field Library teen patrons only. Teen participants must be a Peekskill or Lakeland school district student between the ages of 12-18. The judge for these challenges will be the teen librarian Sarah Prosser. Participants must provide Sarah with either a phone number, or email address that they can be reached.
There will be one (1) first place winner who will receive a $100 Amazon gift card.
There will be one (1) second place winner who will receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
There will be one (1) third place winner who will receive a $25 Amazon gift card.
There will be one (1) fourth place winner who will receive a $25 Amazon gift card.
In order to win, participants must complete Challenges that will earn them points. Challenges will be released weekly on Monday mornings at 9:00 am EST. The first challenge will be released on June 26, 2017 at 9:00 am EST. There will be a hard copy posted in the Teen Section of the library, as well as a digital copy available in full on the Teen WordPress site (https://fieldlibraryteens.wordpress.com). Participants have until Friday, August 23, 2018 at 5:00pm EST to submit their completed challenges.
In the event of a tie, the teen who has completed more challenges than the other tie-holder will win.
In the event that that is also a tie, the teen who has attended more teen library summer programs than the other tie-holder will win.
In the event that that is also a tie THERE SHALL BE A FIGHT TO THE DEATH. (No, no. Just kidding about that last part.) In the extremely unlikely event that there is a need for a third tie-breaker, a quickfire challenge shall be given, and whoever completes it first will be the winner.
There will be a total of forty-eight (48) Challenges, spread out over a period of eight (8) weeks. Each week, six (6) challenges will be released. (This means you can’t do them all at once immediately!)
Completed challenges can be submitted five (5) ways:
- Over Snapchat – must include your name and challenge # as the caption, or as a chat message immediately after. Submissions over Snapchat must be made viewable on the infinite setting, so the Judge has time to make sure it’s valid. (Snapchat username: fieldteens)
- Over Instagram – must tag @FieldLibraryYA in the post, must include challenge # in the caption. If you choose to use this method, you must either DM the Teen Instagram account your name or email Sarah (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name and Instagram handle to recieve credit.
- Email – email@example.com ; You must include your name and challenge #.
- In-person – In-library challenges and programs must be completed in-person.
- Twitter: Must tag @Field_Teens, and must include Challenge #.
Participants may work alone, or together as a team.
On August 27, 2018 from 3:00-5:00pm EST there will be a Summer Wrap-Up Party held in the Nutrition Room. Any participant who has completed 5 or more challenges is invited to attend.
The winners will be notified ahead of time, and then announced and awarded their prizes at this event. Once participants have crossed the 5 Completed Challenges threshold, Sarah will notify them via their preferred contact method.
If a winner cannot be present at the Award Ceremony, Sarah will hold onto the award until the winner can pick it up. She will notify winners promptly on Saturday August 25, 2018.
Good luck, and have fun!